At Kommerce Hub, we aim to clearly explain how we collect, use, protect, and share your
visiting our website, using our mobile app, or our services. It doesn't apply to websites or
services outside of our control, such as those owned by other Kommerce Hub users. This
policy is part of our Terms of Service.
Please take the time to familiarize yourself with our privacy practices. If you have any
questions, contact us at Info@ikhub.biz.
Terminology Here are some key terms and their definitions:
Account Information: Data related to accessing and using a Kommerce Hub account, including
Browser Information: Data provided by web browsers, such as IP addresses, visited websites,
device information, and cookies.
Contact Information: Basic personal and business information, like names, email addresses,
postal addresses, phone numbers, and social media accounts.
Device Information: Data about your device, such as the device ID, model, operating system
version, and geographical region.
Payment Information: Credit card or other payment details.
Security Information: User ID, password, password hints, and other security information for
authentication and account access.
Store Information: Details about your store, its products, and its structure.
Transaction Information: Data related to transactions on our platform, including product,
order, shipping, contact, and payment information.
Usage Information: Data collected when you interact with our website, mobile app, or
services, including functionalities accessed, pages visited, and other interaction data.
Merchants should help customers understand how their personal data is collected and
processed by Kommerce Hub and relevant third parties. Merchants must:
Process personal data according to applicable laws and obtain informed consent from
customers for the use and access of their personal data by Kommerce Hub and other third
If collecting sensitive personal data from customers, obtain explicit and informed consent
and allow customers to revoke their consent at any time.
When merchants interact with our website or mobile app, Kommerce Hub may collect and control
various types of information. We use this information to provide services, confirm
identities, offer support, advertise, bill, resolve issues, and improve and personalize our
Partners When a partner signs up for an account or refers a merchant to us, Kommerce Hub may
collect and control various types of information. We use this information to provide
services, confirm identities, offer support, advertise, bill, resolve issues, and improve
and personalize our services.
Visitors When visitors browse our website or communicate with us online or offline, we may
collect and control browser information, support information, contact information, and usage
information. We use this information to provide services and improve and personalize
communications, interactions, and our services.
Customers When customers interact with a merchant's e-commerce offerings through the
Kommerce Hub platform, we may collect and process browser and transaction information on
behalf of the merchant. We use this information to provide services to merchants, support
and process orders, and manage risk and fraud. Merchants control this information, and
customers with questions should contact the merchant. We may also use certain information to
improve and personalize our services and manage risk and fraud.
Top of Form
Legal Basis for Processing (EEA Residents).
Notice. If we ask you to provide Personal Data to comply with a legal requirement or to
perform a contract with you, we will make this clear at the relevant time and advise you
whether the provision of your Personal Data is mandatory or not, as well as of the possible
consequences if you do not provide your Personal Data.
Legitimate Interest. If we collect and use your Personal Data in reliance on our legitimate
interests (or those of any third party), we will make clear to you at the relevant time what
those legitimate interests are. For instance, we may rely on our legitimate interests when
responding to your queries, improving and personalizing our platform, undertaking marketing,
or for the purposes of detecting or preventing illegal activities (e.g., checking your
identity, fraud prevention).
Questions. If you have questions about or need further information concerning the legal
basis on which we collect and use your Personal Data, please contact us using the contact
details provided below.
- Lawful Basis. We generally collect Personal Data from you only where
- we need the Personal Data to perform a contract with you,
- the processing is in our legitimate interests and not overridden by your rights, or
- we have your consent to do so. In some cases, we may also have a legal obligation to
collect Personal Data from you or may otherwise need the Personal Data to protect your
vital interests or those of another person.
SDKs and APIs. Kommerce Hub may include third-party libraries such as Software Development
Kits (SDKs) or Application Interfaces (APIs) within our applications (including the Mobile
- Promotional. We may send promotional communications to existing and prospective
Merchants, Partners, and visitors, by email, phone, and other channels, such as
LinkedIn. For example, we may notify a Merchant when a subscription is ending or invite
the recipient to participate in a survey. You can opt-out of receiving promotional
communications from us at any time. For information about managing email subscriptions
and promotional communications, please go to our email preferences page.
- Account. We send certain required communications, such as account notices or
information, to users of our services. You may not opt out of receiving these
communications if you have an active storefront.
- Information Sharing. Our services are possible because of a variety of third parties and
service providers. Sometimes it is necessary to share Merchant, Partner, or Shopper
Personal Data with them to support our services. We may access, transfer, disclose,
and/or retain that Personal Data with consent or in the following circumstances.
- Compliance. If we have a good faith belief that doing so is necessary to:
comply with applicable law or respond to valid legal process, including from law
enforcement or other government agencies; or
- protect the rights or property of Kommerce Hub, including enforcing the terms
governing the use of the services.
- Protection. If we have a good faith belief that doing so is necessary to:
- protect Merchants, Partners, Shoppers, or visitors; for example, to prevent spam
or attempts to defraud us or users of our services, or in response to threats of
safety of any person; or
- operate and maintain the security of our products, including to prevent or stop
an attack on our computer systems or networks.
- Affiliates. We share Personal Data among Kommerce Hub-controlled affiliates and
- Service Providers. Kommerce Hub may use from time to time a limited number of
third-party service providers, data processors, contractors, and other
businesses to assist us in providing our services for the purposes described in
Payment Processing. We share payment data with banks and other entities that process payment
transactions or provide other financial services, and for fraud prevention and credit risk
Apps. Upon receiving a Merchant’s consent to install an application, we will share the
Merchant’s Contact Information and other information requested by the app with the app
Merger; Sale. We may also disclose Personal Data as part of a corporate transaction such as
a merger or sale of assets.
Automated Decision-Making. Some Personal Data may be used in Automated Decision Making to
help us screen accounts for risk, fraud, or abuse concerns. You can object to profiling,
including profiling for marketing purposes, or contest or dispute such decisions by
contacting us here. Subject to applicable law, we can provide you with details underlying
the automated decision-making review and rectification of any inaccuracies.
- Functional SDKs: these are software libraries we use to enhance the end user
experience and functionality within the application, such as graphics and display of
images within the app, and in-app notifications according to preferences.
- Analytics SDKs: these are external third-party sub processors’ libraries we use in
collecting device and usage data for application performance monitoring.
Other Resources: To learn more about cookies, including how to manage and delete them, visit
allaboutcookies.org or aboutcookies.org
Reasons for Collection: We collect your personal information only when:
similar tracking technologies to recognize you when you visit our website, remember your
preferences, and give you a personalized experience. When you visit our websites, we, or
an authorized third party, may place a cookie on your device that collects information,
including Personal Data, about your online activities over time and across different
sites. Cookies allow us to track use, infer browsing preferences, and improve and
customize your browsing experience.
- Persistence. We use both session-based and persistent cookies on our websites.
Persistent cookies remain on your computer when you have gone offline, while session
cookies are deleted as soon as you close your web browser. A website may set a cookie if
the browser’s preferences allow it. A browser only permits a website to access the
cookies that it has set, not those set by other websites.
- Types. Essential. These cookies are necessary for our website to work as intended.
Functional. These cookies enable enhanced functionality, like videos and live chat.
Without these cookies, certain functions may become unavailable. Analytics. These
cookies provide statistical information on site usage. For example, these cookies enable
web analytics that allow us to improve our website over time. Targeting and Advertising.
These cookies are used to create profiles or personalize content to enhance your
- Control. It is possible to disable cookies through your device or browser settings, but
doing so may affect your ability to use our website. For instance, we may not be able to
recognize your computer or mobile device and you may need to log in every time you visit
our website. The method for disabling cookies may vary by device and browser, but can
usually be found in preferences or security settings. Please use the following links for
further instructions: Google Chrome Apple Safari Mozilla Firefox Microsoft Edge
- Other Resources. To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have
been set and how to manage and delete them, visit allaboutcookies.org, or
- Persistence: We use both session-based and persistent cookies. Persistent cookies remain
after you go offline, while session cookies are deleted when you close your browser.
- Types: We use essential, functional, analytics, and targeting/advertising cookies on our
- Control: You can disable cookies through your device or browser settings, but it may
affect your ability to use our website. Disabling cookies varies by device and browser,
usually found in preferences or security settings. Check the following links for
Notification: If we need your personal information to comply with a legal requirement or to
fulfill a contract, we'll inform you and let you know if providing it is mandatory or not,
as well as the consequences of not providing it.
Legitimate Interest: We'll inform you of our legitimate interests, if we collect and use
your personal information based on them. Examples include responding to your inquiries,
enhancing our platform, marketing, or detecting/preventing illegal activities.
Questions: If you need more information about the legal basis for collecting and using your
personal information, please contact us using the provided contact details.
- required to fulfill a contract with you,
- it's in our legitimate interest without infringing on your rights, or
- you've given us permission. Sometimes, we may have a legal obligation to gather personal
information or need it to protect you or someone else.
App Stores: App stores like Apple's App Store or Google Play may gather more information and
share it with us. To understand how they handle any personal data they collect and share
Protecting and Keeping Your Information:
Promotional: We may send promotional messages to current and potential clients and
partners through email, phone, or other channels like LinkedIn. You can opt-out of
promotional communications anytime. For managing email subscriptions and promotional
communications, visit our email preferences page.
- Account-Related: We send necessary communications, such as account notices, to our
users. You cannot opt out of these if you have an active account.
- Sharing Information: We sometimes share personal information with third parties and
service providers to support our services. We may access, transfer, disclose, and/or
retain personal information with consent or under specific circumstances, including:
- Compliance: We may share information to comply with the law or legal processes, or to
protect our rights or property.
- Protection: We may share information to protect our users and maintain the security of
- Affiliates: We share personal information within our affiliated companies for the
purposes described in this policy.
- Service Providers: We use a limited number of third parties to help provide our
services, as described in this policy.
- SDKs and APIs: We may include third-party libraries in our applications for various
purposes, as described in this policy.
- Payment Processing: We share payment information for transaction processing, fraud
prevention, and credit risk reduction.
- Apps: With your consent, we share your information with app partners when you install an
- Mergers/Sales: We may disclose personal information during corporate transactions like
mergers or asset sales.
Safeguarding Information: We use various security measures, such as access controls,
encryption, and firewalls, to help protect your personal data from unauthorized access,
disclosure, changes, loss, or misuse. We are certified at the highest level of
compliance (PCI DSS Level 1) and undergo yearly audits by independent third parties
against the ISO 27001 security standard. However, no internet usage, data transmission,
or electronic storage method is entirely secure, so we cannot guarantee the complete
safety of personal data.
- Your Responsibilities: While we work to protect our website and services, it's your
responsibility to secure your passwords and account information. We cannot be held
responsible for protecting personal data shared with a third-party authorized by your
- Retention: We use and keep your personal data as long as necessary for the purposes it
was provided and other purposes with your consent, such as improving user experience,
troubleshooting, optimization, personalization, and to comply with legal, contractual,
and regulatory obligations.
- Ensuring Data Safety during Transfer:
- Data Transfer: Our services are available worldwide. This may require
transmitting personal data outside the country, state, or province where it was
received, including to the United States. We strive to maintain appropriate data
protections by relying on legally or contractually adequate mechanisms and
obligating third parties to provide at least the same level of data protection
as required by applicable laws.
- Privacy Shield: We adhere to the EU-U.S. and Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield
Frameworks and comply with their principles. To learn more about the Privacy
Shield program and our certification, visit the U.S. Department of Commerce
- Standard Contractual Clauses: For data transfers outside the EU/EEA, we use the
Standard Contractual Clauses adopted by the EU Commission and modified by the UK
International Data Transfer Addendum for data transfers outside the UK.
- Remedial Measures: If we learn that personal data is not protected as per our
contract or is processed beyond your consent, we will take reasonable steps to
protect your information and/or stop its illegitimate processing.
- Privacy Shield and US Data Privacy Framework: We comply with Privacy Shield Frameworks
and their principles, and we are committed to reviewing, verifying, and remedying any
issues concerning our compliance with these principles. For more information on how to
contact us or initiate a Privacy Shield complaint for third-party dispute resolution,
please refer to previous section.
- Your Rights: a) You may have certain rights over your personal data according to
applicable law. We strive to provide reasonable steps for you to access, correct, erase,
transfer, and restrict or object to the use of your personal data. b) Merchants,
Partners, and Visitors can update and control their personal data collected by us
directly within their accounts. If you're a Visitor or unable to access or change your
personal data, please contact us. c) Shoppers: We serve as a processor for merchants,
who act as controllers of your personal data. Please contact merchants directly
regarding your personal data.
- Exercising Your Rights: To exercise your rights or submit a request to delete your
personal data, please contact us at https://www.khub.biz/. We may need to verify your
identity to protect your personal data.
- Contact Information and Recourse: If you have inquiries or complaints about our Privacy
Policy or practices, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or
Please note that different locations may have specific privacy laws to safeguard the
rights of their residents. Our commitment to data protection and transparency aligns
with these laws, which include:
- The General Data Protection Regulation EU (GDPR)
- Brazil's Lei Geral de Proteção de Dados (LGPD)
- The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA)
- The Virginia Consumer Data Protection Act
- The Colorado Privacy Act
- The Connecticut Data Protection Act
- The Utah Consumer Privacy Act
- The Nevada Privacy Law
These laws grant individuals certain rights, such as:
- Access to their information
- Correction of inaccurate information
- Deletion of their information
- Opting out of data selling or sharing for advertising purposes
- Control over the use of sensitive information
- Notification about data practices
- Restriction or objection to specific processing types
- Non-discrimination for exercising privacy rights
- Contacting our privacy team or external DPO
- Filing an appeal or complaint if requests are denied
To exercise your rights or request deletion of your personal data, contact us at
https://www.khub.biz/. We may need to verify your identity or your authorized agent's
identity to protect your personal data.
contact us at email@example.com or:
Kommerce Hub, Inc. 1202 Tech Blvd., Ste 200-A Tampa, FL, 33619
We will respond promptly and in accordance with applicable law. You may also have the right
to complain to supervisory or regulatory authorities in certain jurisdictions.California
residents have specific rights under the CCPA. For more information and to exercise your
rights, refer to Section 15 and use the form provided or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We do not knowingly collect personal data from children in a manner not permitted by law. If
you believe we have collected your child's information inappropriately, please submit a data
subject request under or contact us at email@example.com.
changes and obtain your consent when required by applicable data protection laws. Check the
Identity Verification: We might need to confirm who you are when you make a request involving
your personal information. If someone is acting on your behalf, we may ask for written
permission from you and verify their identity too. We can refuse requests as allowed by law.
Addressing Complaints: If Kommerce Hub doesn't adequately address your concern, you can file
a complaint with relevant authorities like the UK Information Commissioner's Office or the
Irish Data Protection Commissioner (or your local authority) in the EEA.
Third-Party Conflict Resolution: Kommerce Hub is registered with the Association of National
Advertisers (ANA) for independent dispute resolution at no cost to you. For more information
or to file a complaint, visit https://thedma.org/resources/c... If unresolved, you can seek
binding arbitration through the Privacy Shield Panel.
Do Not Track Signals: Our website doesn't respond to "Do Not Track" signals, as there's no
universal understanding of their meaning.
Children's Privacy: Our services and website aren't designed for children or those under the
legal age. We don't knowingly collect children's personal information in violation of the
U.S. Children's Privacy Protection Act (COPPA). If you think we have, contact us at
Info@ikhub.biz, and we'll remove it as required by law.
business developments. We'll notify you of significant changes and get your consent for
major updates if required by data protection laws. Check the "Date of Last Revision" at the